It’s that time of year again—Capezio A.C.E. Competition time, that is! When you’re not sending your Dance Teacher Award nominations our way, you should be uploading a video of your choreography to compete in the 2016 A.C.E. Awards. You can earn up to $15,000 to go toward the production of your own show—plus you’ll get tons of exposure, free admittance to the Dance Teacher Summit in New York City and a host of other prizes. Just click here to enter!
If you need further convincing, just check out this (partial) list of past winners—and what they’ve gone on to do since winning:
- Emma Portner, 2014 2nd runner-up, now killing it in Justin Bieber’s “Life Is Worth Living” video
- Melinda Sullivan, 2012 winner, who made this dreamy rooftop tap film
- Dana Foglia, 2012 runner-up and cover of our 2015 October issue!
- Al Blackstone, 2011 winner, on our cover in June 2012 with his mother, Denise
- Billy Bell, 2011 2nd runner-up, who’s danced with Cedar Lake and Sleep No More AND founded his own company
- Peter Chu, 2010 winner and head of his own company, chuthis.
- Travis Wall, 2009 winner, who’s done everything from dance with the First Lady on “Ellen” to creating his own company, Shaping Sound
Check out the rules and regulations here.
What are you waiting for? Go upload!
Photos by Joe Toreno