We’re nearing the dog days of summer when the heat is unbearable and your patience is thinning. Dancers are exhausted and distracted by the bright sunshine outside your windows, and you can’t stop dreaming of the vacation you get to take in just a few weeks. Everyone is wanting to give in to laziness, but you know that that won’t bring you the joy you’re looking for. You know that jumping in and educating your students and filling their passion for dance is the only way you will feel fulfilled by your work.
You need to get pumped up. You need to be inspired!
Don’t worry, we have just the trick. Here are 10 inspirational quotes that will get you through these long (and sometimes grueling) days.
1. “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
2. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”
3. “‘Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.”
4. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.”
5. “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.”
6. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
7. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
8. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
9. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.”
10. “Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.”