In case you missed “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” from Brooklyn with Misty Copeland, we’ve got you covered:
1. Jimmy Kimmel and Guillermo in a leotard, tutu and tights. Need I say more? The hilarious pair made their way to the ABT studios for Ballet 101 with Copeland. Some pliés, pointe work and a few sautés emboîtés later and Copeland declared, “Ballet was born in Italy more than 600 years ago, and today it died.”
2. Jimmy Kimmel and Guillermo dancing with ABT. OK, I knew ahead of time that we’d get to see the amazing ABT dancers perform choreography by Ethan Stiefel. I did not know that Kimmel and Guillermo would be dancing, as well. Their pas de trois with Copeland had the entire audience in stitches.
3. Bill Murray channeling his inner black swan. Comedic legend Bill Murray joined Kimmel onstage decked out in a Renaissance tunic, tights, hat and very black swan-esque stage makeup. He and Kimmel discussed sports, family and Murray’s new movie Rock the Kasbah.
4. Ryan Adams’ new take on Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off.” Adams’ latest musical endeavor is a track-by-track cover of Taylor Swift’s hit album 1989. His Monday night performance of Swift’s dance-inspired “Shake It Off” provided a more angsty and soulful version of the song, which to my surprise, I liked even better than the original.
5. A hilarious kids edition of L.A. vs. NY. Kids really do say that darnedest things, and in Kimmel’s latest “L.A. v. NY” they pulled no punches. From jabs about Donald Trump to L.A.’s obsession with gluten, it just goes to show that the L.A./NY rivalry is far from over.
Don’t miss a single issue of Dance Teacher.